Monday, August 20, 2007

The babies are my responsibility now







I snuck the babies out of the nest box tonight with Alissa's help. She distracted Coco and Charlie with treats while I moved the babies into a little basket I had prepared. They did not make a peep when I picked them up which relieved me. Coco and Charlie did not notice until we left the room and Coco went back up to the nest box to check her babies. Oh, I felt so bad to take the babies from Coco as she has been doing such an awesome job of taking care of them. They are so nice and fat, though this picture does not do justice to see their fat little behinds, since they are pretty deep in paper towels.

The babies are very calm and responded positively to our stroking their heads and beaks. Alissa cuddled them while I moved the incubator. She wants to call them Larry, Moe and Curlie.

They ate really well for a first feeding, and showed good strength to stand up and even the youngest baby held his head up nice and tall!

I had the incubator set at 90 which proved to be too warm so I dropped the temp to 88.5 and that seems to be comfortable for them.

No comments: