Friday, January 11, 2008

Speech is getting clearer!!

When I took out the babies this a.m. #1 hopped up on my hand and said, "Hello!" It was very clear but #1 was not satisfied. She said it over and over, experimenting with vocal quality, tone and prolongation of different sounds in the word. She ended up saying "Hello" about ten times and each time sounded different from the time before. Not to be outdone, #2 immediately started saying, "Hello," too. But in a totally different way, this baby sounded like a neighbor sticking his head in the door with a really prolonged, "Hellooooooo!" As I sit down to write this one of the two babies said, "Peek a Boo!" very clearly. I have noticed that they are the most likely to say words when they are out of the cage. Are they rewarding me for taking them out of their cage? I think our best speech lessons are when I have them sitting on my arm, they make eye contact and really concentrate. Of course, Java and Kiwi are in the background praising their efforts.

No comments: