Friday, January 11, 2008

The Cuppycake Song

This picture is of Java... my sweetheart. He loves to be with me wherever I am in the house. He is my commentator and the singer of the bunch! He is working hard to learn "You are my Sunshine." He gets most of it... most of the time now.

I don't know what it is about the "Cuppy Cake song" that the birds like so much, but it is one of their favorites. Sunny especially loved this song, and we used it to help her make the transition to Connie's home. Since she had to be shipped such a long way, we wanted her to feel comfortable and "at home" there immediately. So I played the Cuppycake Song for Sunny over and over in the weeks before she left. When she arrived, Connie played the same song for her and Sunny just loved it! I think it was a great way to ease her transition. I also had Connie record her voice for Sunny before she left here and I played that for her so that when she met Connie, she had the great association of hearing that voice while sitting on my arm! Sunny handled the transition like a trooper and might have without all these steps, but I am sure it helped her to feel more at ease. Whether you have a parrot or not, you will enjoy the Cuppy Cake Song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Z6pWhM6TA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good idea (not to mention an adorable video!)
Best-
Kathy
Houston TX

Put that Economic Stimulus Plan rebate check to good use! Don't miss the upcoming birdlovers' gatherin' in Saint Louis-- http://www.afabirds.org/2008_Convention/index.shtml