Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The furry little thief






I was very surprised when this squirrel showed up on our deck that Java and Kiwi were so passive when he began digging his paws into their dish to steal their food. I guess they think that if they pretend not to see it, then it isn't really there, emptying their food dish!!

This squirrel showed up at our house this winter. He was fascinated by the parrots! He would sit on the window sill and look at them with all of the interest of a birdwatcher with his binoculars! I could imagine him writing in his birdwatching journal, "I have discovered a new species of birds today. They are green! Not only are they larger than most of the birds in this area, but they have acquired the most unusual vocal abilities!"

That was my theory when he showed up and began watching the birds through the glass for hours at a time. Now I realize he was casing the bird's cage and trying to figure out how to get to their bowl of expensive nuts and dried fruits and vegetables!








No comments: