Sunday, September 2, 2007

Happy Birthday #1! One month old today

It is the oldest baby's one month birthday today. I am continually amazed to see the growth and changes that these babies go through in such a short amount of time. Their intelligence and inquisitiveness reminds me so much of a human baby. They seem to take the same pleasure in their accomplishments. When one is working hard to stand fully upright and they manage to make it, I take joy with them, and they do seem to respond and appreciate the recognition. I believe this lays the groundwork for later training and hopefully give them a greater understanding of the parntership in which they find themselves.

The babies are becoming cuter every day with the covering of soft gray downy feathers! They love to be held and are very happy snuggled up under my chin. I have found that three babies are much harder to hold safely than two, which creates a problem in holding them. So what I have been doing is bringing their basket over to the sofa and then sitting and holding them while watching TV. They snuggle up under a warm blanket and gently nuzzle my chin. They are so gentle with their beaks! I feel this time of just holding them is so important to their emotional development, having taken them from their mother who would have been with them this way.





No comments: